720 ILCS 550 § 15.2
- Establishes Hemp Pilot Project
- (1) the industrial hemp is grown or cultivated for purposes of research conducted under an agricultural pilot program or other agricultural or academic research;
- (2) the pilot program studies the growth, cultivation, or marketing of industrial hemp; and
- (3) any site used for the growing or cultivating of industrial hemp is certified by, and registered with, the Department of Agriculture.
- Before conducting industrial hemp research, the Department of Agriculture and local law enforcement must be informed in writing.
- Institutions of higher education must provide quarterly and annual reports to the Department of agriculture and are subject to inspection. The annual report is due on or before October 1.
- Allows the Department of Agriculture to adopt rules to comply with federal rules or to adopt emergency rules deemed necessary to public interest safety and welfare.
- Defines industrial hemp.
Read more here: State Industrial Hemp Statutes – NCLS Website