Below you will find some great videos from the web discussing the use of Hemp in the Auto Industry. Enjoy 🙂
The United States prohibits the growing of Hemp but allows the raw hemp to be shipped here for processing.
United States = #1 Importer of Hemp in the World
China = #1 Exporter of Hemp in the World
Henry Ford believed in Hemp!
“Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields.” –HENRY FORD
HEMP IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY:
- Over 30 parts on the C-class Mercedes-Benz automobiles are made of natural fibers, including hemp.
- The C-class Mercedes has over 20kg of Hemp in each car!
- Hemp plastic panels are significantly lighter than steel, yet stronger in so many ways!
- Composite Body panels are produced using a mixture of fiberglass, Hemp fiber, kenaf, and flax.
- Car body panels made with hemp can withstand 10x the impact as steel panels!
- Hemp is used in the Auto Industry and found in many of today’s popular Vehicle Models.
- Hemp plastics are a great alternative to petrochemical plastics and great for the environment!
CAR MANUFACTURERS WHO USE HEMP:
Audi – BMW – Ford – GM – Chrysler – Honda – Iveco – Lotus – Mercedes
Mitsubishi – Porche – Saturn – Volkswagon – Volvo